I’m not the biggest fan of hummus so, when one of Seamus Mullen and Fran Drescher’s demonstrations at the Health & Fitness Expo at Metlife Stadium was carrot hummus, I was pleasantly surprised. I didn’t know you could make hummus out of carrots!
My boyfriend is a saint for letting me drag him to this event but, even more so for helping me recreate this delicious, healthy recipe:
- 2 cups carrots, peeled and blanched, cut into 1″ pieces
(We used organic baby carrots, cut in 1/2)
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tsp microplaned fresh tumeric
(We didn’t have fresh tumeric so, we used ground tumeric)
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup water (or enough to process the carrots smooth)
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp toasted sunflower seeds
- 2 lbsp chiffonade mint
(We forgot the mint so, this was left out)
- Extra virgin olive oil to garnish
- Sumac to garnish
(We’ve never heard of Sumac before this recipe so, if you haven’t either, we found it in the international aisle by the South Asian ingredients.)
- Lemon zest to garnish
- Blitz carrots, garlic, and tumeric with water and lemon juice/zest in food processor. Add in olive oil.
- Season with salt and pepper, serve in a small bowl, garnished with sunflower seeds, lemon zest, sumac, and chiffonade mint.
So easy, right?! This recipe is natural and a perfect snack to add to your healthy lifestyle. Head over to my facebook page @Bodscape to watch Seamus Mullen’s live demonstration of this recipe and his lesson on living a healthy life simply by changing your diet.
This is an actual sample handed out from Seamus’ demonstration.
I hope you enjoy this recipe. Please post your pictures of your creations below!